If you already know the advantages of having a personalized email, but you’re not quite sure how to get one, keep reading because we’ll explain how to get an address with one of the most important email providers on the market today: Gmail. We will also analyze the advantages and disadvantages of it to determine if it suits your needs.
The business email offered by the technology giant, Google, gives you several advantages such as access to all Google Workspace tools, online storage, sharing calendars among your collaborators, and video conferencing.
Without a doubt, one of the greatest advantages of using this email service, in addition to those already listed, is that it uses the same interface as traditional accounts and being one of the most used nowadays, surely most of your workers will be familiar with it, so the learning curve is drastically reduced.
As for the price, Google offers a free trial period for 14 days, after which you can choose from four monthly plans: Started (for $5.40), Standard (for $10.80), Plus (for $18), and Enterprise (whose price is negotiable directly with the sales team). Besides the price, each plan is different for the number of people it allows in video conferencing and the level of security.
No matter which plan you acquire, each subscription is equivalent to an email address; so, you must pay a subscription for each of the employees you want to have a corporate email. This service also requires that you have a hosting service already.
Now here are the steps to set up your personalized Gmail:
1. To set up your personalized email account in Google, the first thing you need is your own domain, as you will have to prove that the domain extension you want to use really belongs to you. To do this, you must register in Google Workspace.
2. Go to G Suite. You´ll be asked for information such as your company name, number of employees, country, name, and e-mail address. This information will be used to recover your password or access.
3. You will be asked if you already have a domain name. You will be presented with three options: 1: I already have a domain name, 2: I would like to buy a domain name, and 3: I would like to get a free domain name. Here, you have to enter your domain name. Remember to write it down correctly, because, it will appear just like you wrote it.
4. Write the name of your email, for example: info, contact, sales, attention, etc.
5. Select the password.
6. This step is one of the most important because it verifies that you are the owner of the domain. There are several ways to do this: through the TXT record, which is generated by Google, you have to do it from your hosting, where you copy this record in the DNS editor, there you select add record and paste the TXT record. Don’t worry if Google doesn’t verify you immediately, the process usually takes a few minutes.
7. In this step, you add all the emails you’re going to use, remember for each email the platform charges you $5 or $10 per month for each email.
9. Finally, configure the email routing in the hosting panel by selecting remote email exchange.